Transport Manager Course Content
What does the course cover?
The course covers the following topics:
- Civil Law – Including business law, contracts of carriage and insurance
- Commercial Law – Including business structures and types of shares
- Social Law – Including health & safety rules, drivers’ hours, and licensing
- Fiscal Law – Including taxation and levies
- Business & Financial Management of the Undertaking – Including financial management, commercial conduct, marketing, and vehicle costings
- Access to the Market – Including operator licensing, permits and international documentation
- Technical Standards & Technical Aspects of Operation – Including maintenance, load sizes and inspections
- Road Safety – Including licensing, traffic laws, procedures, and security of goods
What do the exams entail?
The Multiple-Choice exam consists of 60 questions, all of which have four possible answers. Candidates must identify the correct answer and mark the paper accordingly. This is not an open book exam, meaning that no notes or revision materials are allowed to be taken into the exam room.
The Case Study exam is based around a written scenario that is presented at the beginning of the exam. The scenario is based on a fictional goods vehicle operator, and candidates must study the information provided and answer the 4-8 questions accordingly. This is an open book exam, meaning that notes and revision materials are allowed to be taken into the exam room.
Not only do candidates learn the required information for the two exams, but they also learn the exam techniques and skills needed to communicate this information in the way the exam board require.
Online Certification of Professional Competence Online Course for Transport Managers in Road Haulage
The Complete Offering
Representing the very best value for money. Our Road Haulage Transport Manager course is all completed via distance learning meaning you don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home/office. It covers everything you will need to know to be responsible for goods vehicles on the public highway.
Online Certification of Professional Competence Online Course for Transport Managers in Passenger Transport
The Complete Offering
Representing the very best value for money. Our Passenger Transport Manager course is all completed via distance learning meaning you don’t have to leave the comfort of your own home/office. It covers everything you will need to know to be responsible for passenger carrying vehicles for hire or reward
‘The Complete Offering’ for Road Haulage and Passenger Transport comprises all manuals, answer booklets and 6 months access to all resources plus exam invigilation and exam fees – you can find all we offer here.
Transport Manager CPC cost £734.75 inc VAT
CPC for Transport Managers (Road Haulage/Passenger Transport) Home Study
Self Study – Materials Only
Home Study Resources
This is the most cost-effective way of studying for the Transport Manager exams. You do need to be determined, self-disciplined and confident of your own learning techniques.
The home study material options are (available to purchase individually):
- Manual, Keyfacts & Student Guide £149 (no VAT)
- Multiple Choice Question Bank – 3 months subscription £144 inc VAT
- Multiple Choice Question Bank – 3 months extension after initial purchase £48 inc VAT
- Model Answers Book – Road Haulage £149 (no VAT)
- Model Answers Book – Passenger £149 (no VAT)
Self Study Package Deal (Road Haulage/Passenger Transport) – Save £165 on purchasing individually
- Manual, Keyfacts & Student Guide
- Model Answers Book
- 6 months Multiple Choice Question Bank access
Transport Manager CPC cost £325 inc VAT
Exams for CPC for Transport Managers (Road Haulage/Passenger Transport)
You can purchase your Operator CPC exams with us to sit in one of the Skills and Education Group accredited exam centres. Please visit our Exam Centres page for your nearest venue.
To book your exams visit our Book Now page and select the right course for you!
Skills and Education Group
Skills and Education Group (SEG) were chosen by OCR, when they decided to leave the Operator CPC / Transport Manager course market, to take over from them in June 2021.
SEG then worked with OCR to ensure the syllabus to remained the same and for exams to be written in the same manner; this smooth transition has allowed our successful course, which has been running for 14 years, to continue uninterrupted.
SEG is a UK leading sector specialist and offers many courses within the transport industry, this made them the ideal partner to take over the qualification.
The SEG Transport Manager qualification is required for candidates to be nominated as the professionally competent person on a standard operator licence. Achievement of the Certificate of Professional Competence demonstrates that the holder of the qualification is qualified to perform the effective and continuous management of undertakings engaging in transport operations.
SEG Transport Manager qualification consists of a single multiple-choice assessment and a single case study assessment. Both of these assessments are externally set and externally marked. Students will need to pass both assessments to gain the Certificate of Professional Competence.
CPC Transport Manager Exam Dates 2022
- Friday 10th June 2022 – deadline to register Thursday 19th May
- Friday 9th September 2022 – deadline to register Thursday 18th August
- Friday 9th December 2022 – deadline to register Thursday 17th November